2012 March Minutes
SLAGA Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: March 7, 2012
Present: Tom Wolpert, Mike Henthorn, Nathan Rover, Jim Nelson, Mary Beth Gianoli, Jim Greene, Rich Sheffold, Sarah Chisholm,
The treasurer’s report was read. After some discussion, it was unanimously approved as submitted.
· Cooperative Effort with the History Museum: Danny Gonzalez came to give us an overview of the program “Teens Make History.” There are 22 participants this year and they complete a variety of activities. The program will use the SLAGA GPS units one weekend as part of their project.
· Facebook Page: A link to the Facebook group was put on the SLAGA homepage.
· Spring Picnic: Still no details from Tina Boyle. We might have to find another sponsor.
· Leap Day Events: Rock Susan’s event in St. Charles was well attended and everyone had a great time. The same is true for NateDawgCC’s event in the City.
· Question and Answer Session: Scheduled for Monday, March 12 in St. Charles.
· SLAGA Path tags: These are on order and they might be available at the Spring Picnic. The path tags will be the same design with new colors! This version is called SLAGA nights.
· Award Pins: We are still looking for 100 finds award pins. The ones we used previously are not available. We did find a site [Pin Mart - http://www.pinmart.com/custom-lapel-pins/custom-die-struck-lapel-pins.aspx] that seems to offer reasonably priced custom pins. Sarah will contact them to get a firm bid. Once we have that information, we will decide how to proceed.
· St. Louis County Park’s Department Brochure: Once again, the Complete GPS Course and Geocaching 101 are listed in the brochure. The next course is the Complete GPS Course on April 14. Tom will ask for volunteers for these courses and for the SLCC Geocaching Course for Kids in the next newsletter.
· Winter Potluck 2013: Rich talked to Justin about using the Shelter at JB. Justin will get back to him about availability on January 26, 2013 and the cost.
· Lifetime Memberships: We will poll the membership to see if there is interest in “pre-paying” for a number of years in order to achieve lifetime member status.
· Army Corp of Engineers: They are looking for volunteers for Saturday “Family Geocaching Events.” Erin will send details and we will try to recruit volunteers from the membership.
· Scouting Events: We have been contacted by several Boy Scout leaders asking for volunteers and information about geocaching. When asked for more details, they seldom follow-up.
· Website Hosting: We just paid for another year with our current vendor. Mike Griffin will check out other options so we can make an educated decision by January 2013.
The next meeting is Wednesday, 04/11/12. If you want to attend, please contact one of the officers.
Last Updated (Thursday, 22 March 2012 11:28)