2012 April Minutes
SLAGA Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting date: April 11, 2012
Present: Tom Wolpert, Nathan Rover, Jim Nelson, Jim Greene, Rich Sheffold, Sarah Chisholm, John Elfrank, Laurie Elfrank.
The treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
· Cooperative Effort with the History Museum: The History Museum has returned the GPS units to Jim Green.
· SLAGA Path tags: Sarah Chisholm delivered them at the meeting. They will be available for sale at the spring picnic. The price will be $2 each or 2 for $3.
· Award Pins: PinMart.com has been non-responsive. We are using patches instead of pins for the 100-find awards this time around. We have enough 500-find award pins for current use.
· Lifetime memberships: Six members expressed an interest. The board approved the concept for both individual and family memberships. The cost will be ten times the current cost of the corresponding single-year membership. Family lifetime memberships are tied to the head of household. Tom Wolpert will contact Mike Griffin about setting this up.
· Shaw Me the Cache event: SLAGA has paid its share of the cost for the event.
· Complete GPS class: The next class is scheduled for Saturday, April 14. We have 6 pre-registered attendees. Tom Wolpert will ask for a couple of additional volunteers on the freelist and the Facebook group.
· April Q&A: Wednesday, April 18, Cliff Cave County Library. Sarah Chisholm will present an updated version of her Pimp Your Cache Page presentation.
· BEAT event: SLAGA will sponsor a booth and family caching activity using temporary caches at the Brain and Spinal Cord Tumor Support Group’s resource fair on Saturday, May 19, in Tower Grove Park. At the Spring Picnic, Tom Wolpert will retrieve cache containers from the trailer for use at this event.
· World Bird Sanctuary: SLAGA declined to participate in a National Trails Day event at WBS due to a scheduling conflict with the Missouri DNR event at Graham Cave State Park on the same day (June 2).
· Spring Picnic: Arrangements were finalized. John Elfrank will do the shopping for supplies and food. Rich Sheffold will obtain gift cards for prizes. Tom Wolpert will purchase 16 Travel Bugs for resale in support of the new TB race to start at the picnic. Tom will also pick up some additional small prize items from the Dollar Store and will set up drawing slips for the premium member drawing.
· Summer Picnic: Cribbage Witch is hosting. The picnic will be July 21 at Indian Camp Creek Park in St. Charles County. The event page has not yet been published.
· Fall Picnic: We do not yet have a host. Nathan Rover will check out facilities in Belleville, IL. Tom Wolpert will contact Steve Bromley about facilities in Columbia, IL and about the possibility of Steve hosting the event.
· Elections: At least two, and possibly three, officers will step aside this year. Tom Wolpert will publicize the nomination process in the next newsletter. Tom will also provide nomination forms at the Spring Picnic.
· MOAHPERD convention: We have received an invitation to give a session at the annual convention of the Missouri Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. SLAGA participated last year and our experience was positive. The board approved an expenditure for one night’s hotel stay for the presenters. John and Laurie Elfrank volunteered to present again this year. The convention will take place sometime in November.
The next meeting is Wednesday, 05/02/12. If you want to attend, please contact one of the officers.